Top Rock Climbing Walls You Must Enjoy In Phi Phi IslandsJune 16, 2018
Do you dare to provoke yourself and go for a rock climbing on Phi Phi Island? Krabi Province is the hub of rock climbing activity in southern part of Thailand because of the tall limestone cliffs that are real natural landmarks of the area. Here is a list of the most remarkable rock climbing walls you must dare to climb when you’re on Phi Phi Island Tour.
- Ao Ling Wall is situated south of Tonsai Tower. The most recent development on the island has made it difficult to access on foot, so it’s advisable to take a long-tail boat to reach there.
- Ao Pilay Wall is situated on the west coastline of Koh Phi Phi Leh. It hardly takes 20 minutes to reach there by long-tail boat from the Tonsai Bay. The most remarkable route is here ‘Four Beers of Singha’, a route that goes up to 35 metres.
- Drinking Wall is found on the way to Tonsai West. It offers more than twelve exciting bolted routes in a lush environment. Go there before 11 AM if you want to enjoy the sunlight while climbing.
- Hin Tak is an incredible divider sitting above Tonsai Bay found only south of Ao Ling Wall. Its area makes it just open by watercraft. The most famous course here is named ‘Happy Banana’
- The amazing Maya Bay features 2 walls. The first one is found at the northern end of the beach itself; it counts five routes between 7 and 18 metres. The second wall is also found near the northern end of the beach but inland. It features two 10 metre routes.
- Tonsai Tower is situated at the western part of Tonsai Bay, is rock climbers’ heaven in Koh Phi Phi Don. This 200 meters tall limestone tower has more than 20 distinctive darted courses highlighting all levels of trouble from novice to experienced climber.